Saturday, February 8, 2020

Botanical imprinted leather and the purses 植物印染皮包包

There are lots of different types of hides in the market suitable for botanical printing. Since I don't know or even the shop I usually source supply does not know how the leathers were tanned, printing outcome varies with different sorts of plants.  I like to try imprints with my technique, particularly on sheep leather.  This one with cochinael background just printed and sewed into a messenger bag.

  
I made it box-sided for more room.  Detachable strap with buttons fixed inside and flap embellished with seashell.
Part of the printings with own grown strobilantes.
These days I was quite free and sewed a few purses. 

 
In case people who are new to botanical imprinted leather, here's a video clip of the piece I just done.
Most of my techniques are more or less the same but with various plants and dyes for different result.  This is a leather purse of two sides printed with lemmon marigolds, willow and ginkgo.
  

  
Another sheep skin with more flower prints.  The main flower is gerbra.
 
Close up of the prints of both sides.


This is a two-sided purse.


Since the experiment swatches are not big and I just made it a small purse size as iPad but all with inner pocket and lined with eco printed fabric. 
This iPad size purse with detachable braid strap.

My cat Mogi always curious for what I have been making. I really can't remember how many pieces I have mafe.

These are some of my purses, most were gaven away.  I like to do printing experiment and make use of the swatches to purses.  I sell my experiments of botanical imprints technique.  Here's my pdf instant download tutorial you may like to have a browse.

4 comments:

  1. It's always fascinating to see how the colours of the prints are so different from the ones in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how was going there 🙂
    I always thank you for your email.
    Someday I am sure to go to your place for take a class with you.
    I love your leather works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest. I do not do on line workshop but I have pdf instant download tutorials you may find in my on line shop here https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/TerLingCreations/tools/listings/stats:true

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...