Monday, December 31, 2018

Wrapped up 2018 with my own dress 總結2018創作

My nephew is getting married on 30 Dec and I made own dress for the banquet to wrap up my creation of 2018
  This is what I designed when I was in Israel two months ago attending Irit Dulman's natural prints workshop in her country.  I picked some leaves in the vineyard and laid out the pattern.  I made the prints on my logwood dyed silk.
 
The video shows the prints from scratch to a garment finished.
I first dyed in logwood with appropriate mordant according to Irit's instruction.  Then laid the leaves mainly of nandina, melia, quisqualis indica and vine leaves.
All leaves printed so nice.

I'm quite pleased with all the fabrics in the workshop, not only silk but bamboo, viscose, wool and cotton are very strong and bold.
Nandina and quisqualis indica are just amazing


Melia is also good
A fruitful workshop with shades of purple.
When I back Hong Kong I took the fabric to have custom made cheongsam by professional tailor (Customize Tailor Culture Collection 紫羅坊 ).  Polly Po is so nice to make it in my short notice and it fits perfect. I asked my daughter to model it with my nuno felt shawl.  Here comes the images........




Polly is very efficient and professional in designing chinoiserie garment.
I'm glad to have this one-of-a-kind chenogsam with my own surface design.  What's more is the pattern so that I can make a few with my eco printed fabrics.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your nephew on his upcoming wedding. Your dress looks beautiful too. Happy New Year! All the best in 2019 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking - well done to you both! And Congratulations and best wishes to your nephew and his bride.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...