Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Journey of contact prints 植物印染之旅

 Another experiment of botanical prints or I may say contact prints as it's direct from leaves whatever the shapes are. 
The scenery of my journey - "cat walk in the bush".
One is lagging behind to catch up the three in the front.
"wait... wait... wait for me....."
謝謝你在我的植物印染旅途伴我同行, 落後? 會迎上.........,
 
 Assorted euc and rose leaves plus peeled skin of euc branches to make the swirl lines.  Cut the cat shapes on euc. 
Over the "cats" part I put a paper before wrapping.  Ready to bundle and boil for 1.5 hours
 Viola.... cats are born both on paper and silk fabric
 Prints are same shape but colors are a bit different because of protein
 Prints on paper

 Before & After of the prints

Quite interesting to do the scenery prints.
"Am I lagging behind? Am I alone? No, you're in my company. Thanks readers"

5 comments:

  1. Awwww, very interesting a lovely outcome for this print. I love it, but then I like all of your pretties. Seems like Mogi likes your work too.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...