Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Flamenco dancer" making

 Hand clapping, percussive footwork and complex hand and body movements are what make Flamenco a difficult but impressive art form. I do not dance but keen on making mixed media figurine with nuno felt costumes.
How to make it? See the observant guy..... he's telling it......
 
Mogi, "wondering what mum's up to.  She always said it's none of my business. I'm quite curious........"

Dipped the cotton stripes in Paverpol liquid, wrapped around the skeleton 

Intended to make it a dark beauty but found the face has stains, thus painted it in white aclyric 

Dried overnight.  Made the outfits with the "not-so-good" euc leaves printed silk chiffon by nuno felt.  
Made a nuno felt top with merino wool.
  
Fit into the body
  
Cut another two pieces of silk chiffon of the table dress shape and do the nuno felt.
  
Done the dress and put into the body
  
Wrapped the glass bottle with same fabric as stand
  
Mogi, "well, mum made it......"
  
Mogi, " I'm always the one behind a woman ........"
  
Ya, Flamenco dancer in nuno felt dress that has the rich textures and layers.
  
Ready to dance with the rhythm of the wave 

My heartfelt thanks to Sharon Gerhart who's so generous to introduce me the making of Paverpol I then further develop it with nuno felt.
More poses of the figurine here .
Linking with from-dream-to-reality party

4 comments:

  1. Hello Terriea, Your dancer is absolutely beautiful and she is most creative. Wonderful artistic work. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Terriea, I see you are still playing with this fun and new art form. Your dancer is quite lovely. I see Mogi is impressed too.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terriea, I did go back on several of your postings and commented so hope you get to read what I wrote. I am so far behind with reading about all my friends. It will take me a week or so to just catch up.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Susanne for the sweet words. I just keen on trying whenever ideas come. My plate is full. Know how hectic you're. Wish your weather getting better and warmer for outdoor activities. Thinking of your freezing days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...