Friday, March 11, 2011

Inspiration from bloggie

In February I read Lisa of lilfishstudio about Sentimental Idiol - the ideas of inspiring way and how she shared with Rikkianne Van Kirk,
who loves to make the aged pages and forgotten words current with her illustration. Rikkianne encouraged others to share how they're inspired. I always find Lisa's works amazing, particulary her woods works. I typically love her brooches of birch bark with wool, as well some polished wood pendants. Love her combo of soft and hard materials. I shared in Rikkianne's blog and shown her how my works were inspired. Last week I was so honored to have received two prints of Rikkiannes.

These prints ideas come from Lisa's altered garage sale dress. When I look at it I remember Lisa's daughter sweet smiles. I also like the idea of recycle, waste not, want not.

These are my handmade pins. My own made ceramics as base and combo with wool felt. This is cross over of hard and soft.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Terrie! They're beautiful! I just love the birds. Beautiful work.

    I'm so happy you won the prints from Rikkianne. Didn't she do a wonderful job?

    Thanks so much for sharing this with me.

    Best wishes,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check in to see what is new with you and it looks like you have been so busy. I worry now about my friend Terrie, so close to Japan and the earthquake. I hope all is well with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa. Yes Rikkianne's works are wonderful.
    Susanne, thanks for concern. We're well. Our heart goes to Japan and pray for those who lost lives and homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for popping over to Chalky's World.Your comment was very much appreciated about my post about Japan I am not sure how you found me but I am glad you did. Please pop in again soon
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrie, I love the pins. I have been making buttons from polymer clay, but have not had a chance to work in ceramics except for a long time ago when I took classes in greenware. Now, it is hard to find any ceramic classes that have any at all. They seem to be all "pre-fired" whiteware. I will have to look into it and maybe find a little kiln to work with.
    Meanwhile, I hope the devastation in Japan has not affected you and yours. Please let us know that you are allright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pins! Thank you for your sweet comment on my post. I am now a new follower & excited to see your part of the world through your eyes.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are so beautiful! Do you have an online shop or do you sell your art at the flea market or something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for your sweet comments. I love crafts and have made lots but only for giveaways. Too good to be true if I can have on-line business. Indeed once I held a charity sale for my items made. All proceeds went to Oxfam charity. A good initiative with the support of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your reply. I've visited the site you gave me. You're such a wonderful person to sell your art for charity. I'm so glad to know you. Keep up the good job, i'm so proud of you. I love your owl bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you enjoy the prints! I adore your pins. Beautiful work. I wish you the very best lovely lady :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...