Thursday, March 14, 2019

Various botanical natural prints experiments 多樣化的植物印染


 
 Just done a piece of leather prints with the flowers I grown and the mulberry leaves picked from the farmhouse.  
  
 Recently I tried to do more experiments on leather printing with seasonal flowers.  Most are  Israel yellow daisy grown in my rural studio.
 This is combination of the flowers and oxalis as well mulberry leaves on the dark shaded surface.
最近特別多作的植物染當然是自己栽種的以色列小黃菊,這片羊仔皮印上小黃菊及桑子葉都是昨天鄕郊工作室採回的實驗 
I told myself to have a break of botanical printing as leaving soon to Uruguay but how can I resist when I saw my own grown Israel yellow daisies are blooming.  
That day I was biking in my area............

  

 Neighbour's sun flowers are blooming............
 Rosella and mulberry are eye catching.  Sign of summer is around the corner.....
 

 Farmer's pond has lots of the pistia stratiotes (water lettuce)
 I am home with handful of flowers, bunch of mulberry and some water lettuce for printing and decoration.

 I made prints on linen with passion fruit leaf, oxalis and Israel yellow daisy.  Then cut three sets for the purse sewing.
 Who knows I was making prints in the midnight.  Yes Mogi knows as he's my workmate.
 
 The three pieces of purse printed with own grown Israel wild daisy are for my friends.  Just like to share the bounty of nature, natural prints from plants particularly the flowers I grown from the seeds my master instructor Irit Dulman gave me.  Honor to share with good friends.


 Prints of mulberry leaves and yellow daisies are impressive.  Oxalis as discharge are clear.  This is printed on lamb skin, very thin leather.
 "Before & After" of the leather prints
 The sample prints of the leather is for future reference.  
The old pottery pot is no longer used.  Good to put the water lettuce as decoration.
 The mulberry leaves are still fresh for printing

 
 Done another leather prints with it.
 "Before & After" of the leather prints.

 Already made it into a purse
 Both sides of prints with onion skins placed as flowers.

 The recent experiments of leather prints are mainly with flowers.
Since I will be off to South American for a month of workshops and travelling with Irit, I wouldn't be seeing the full blooming of the Israel yellow daisy in my rural studio.  I left them with my friends' care so that flowers are thriving.  Hope they also like the species of exotic flower - dyer's favour.

4 comments:

  1. Very successful. Enjoy South America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful post dear Terriea. Such gorgeous prints and I can tell that Mogi loves them, too :-) .
    I know that you and Irit will have a wonderful time together. I so wish that I could be with both of you. What a joy. Sending you both big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. How I am thrilled to learn from Irit again in the other part of the world. Also a great chance to know others of the same passion. Hugs to you too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...