Friday, June 19, 2015

Eclectic Natural Printed dress 個人獨特裙子

It's a sunny summer day. 
Go natural, be myself.......
in a stable, greeting by the horse in a beautiful day...........

 
Not in a fashion trend but eclectic is my way. The day in a natural wrap with my own eco printed/ dyed "experiments". Having a good day in the north of the territories........

I've done lots of natural experiments with fabrics in many ways. To make use of my various scraps, I designed a simple loose dress just with a few panels, the front & back of botanical imprinted silk, two sides with turmeric dyed chiffon. Cut both down sides of the chiffon to sew the scraps of botanical imprinted silk. 
While I was thinking the next step, Mogi grabbed it for a nap......
   It's done, shoulders with folds, waist with strips. 


This is eclectic dress, either can be front or back but with different styles.
Tie the waist side strips to make ruffles movement.
 
With the loop and the twisted knot, wrap around to have folds in the front.
Such easy and simple to make a free size loose dress, I made without measurement. I'm no good in measurement or calculation but only done in instrict. Since I was a teenage my father bought me a Singer sewing machine which costed him a month's salary. He loved all of us. Today I have my hands to print, to make my own dress all credited to my beloved father.  He's in the Heaven I hope he knows I'm happy with the talent he gifted me. 
隨心隨意做的一件衣裳,沒有刻意去量度,祗是直覺的剪裁,因為這是自己穿著,沒有外來壓力,很輕鬆的完成,感謝父親在我年少時送給我一台勝家衣車,練就我對車縫的興趣。
Thinking of him on Father's Day today.

10 comments:

  1. The dress it beautiful and it suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely dress Terrie, you look very elegant! I love the alternating panels x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - your dress but especially you! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an inspiring post!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made a very lovely and creative dress. You wear it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely and suits you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this! Such inspiration in this post. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Now I must go look at those silk panel I dyed and printed last summer........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Happy for the blog got inspired. I like your farm living and the girls' hat making. They're wondereful.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing! I just love your prints and the clothing style. In the past year I have started
    experimenting with Eco printing. Thanks you for sharing information. I have been doing it on my own. I live in the US and have not found anyone close who does the Eco printing. I have books, but I so appreciate when someone shares techniques. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. Sometimes doing on own can find unique way of creation. Also regions water, plants..... Will have various outcome. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...