Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Souvenirs for workshop 工作坊紀念品

I'll be away for teaching natural printing and wool felting in Taiwan in the coming days.  That will be workshops with like-minded friends for another level of creation . A trip brimming with passion is anticipated as some of the students we've met years before. 
The journal I made for this trip will be filled with friendship and ideas after the workshop.
為這兩周在臺灣的教學做了些紀念品, 從Irit Dulman 給我她自己印製的小布片做的小本子 , 而至我為學生們用羊毛氈印上桉樹葉的包扎繩子。小本子是我要記錄教學點滴, 繩子則用作材料結扎用。一切準備就緒, 期待與海峽對岸的朋友們再聚......
Last year Irit Dulman gave me a swatch of pretty eucalyptus buds prints she made on silk jersey.
 I tried to source the same fabric and made use the swatch memorable then covered the  journal with it.
After binding I cut around a natural flower print from my other swatch and stitched on the inside cover.

 An art journal with a few blank and printed pages ........

flapping in my hand........
....... pages waiting to be filled with words of memories
That will be the souvenir of my journey in Taiwan.

I wanted to make something a touch of sincerity for my students.  I felted some gift strings with prints of eucalyptus leaves.
Strings boiled for an hour.......
Unwrapped with aroma of eucalyptus

Dried quickly
A gift string to tie the materials pack with handmade welcome card

Not long I'll be in Taiwan for the teaching.  I will miss my hiking and biking team members.  Wish I could do biking in Taiwan after the teaching. During the two weeks I will be absent  from blog as my iPhone or iPad do not support the blogspot version. Readers may follow my Facebook or until next time.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. hi Terri, I have missed you! I have been away from blogging for a year but I am back with a new blog, the name of my blog is almost the same,, I see you are still creating master piece works, I want you to know I still use the book mark you sent me! Best wishes from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, I miss you too. Glad to hear from you. I will read your blog shortly for the updates. Stay well.
      Terriea

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...