Monday, October 1, 2018

Recent creations in the fall 秋日之創作

It's October we're into fall, my corner looks crisp to show the works.....
Recently I did some experiments with different mordants.
This is what I just done.......

Mirror prints on pre-mordant shawl/scarf with alum recipe from Betty Eilat.  Techniques from Irit Dulman. The main effect I wanted to get is the discharge outcome of oxalis on dark background.
I use windfalls from walk behind and some own grown as well the grocery waste of onion skins.  
Two weeks ago we embraced the most intense storm in Hong Kong. During the week I was making a few custom order of scarfs and baby wear.

The first one with assorted plants on silk, eucalyptus mordant in alum thus has the golden yellow prints.

Onion skins with alum mordant.  I love the shades from brown, orange to yellow.
Lagerstroemia speciosa is always my fav seasonal flowers

Prints of different plants, a shade for Mogi, even the stand covered with prints of oxalis discharge.

Prints of different tones of scarfs
The baby wear is nuno felted reversible cape and vest for the client's twins of two years old boy and girl.

The cape was originally a round tube width silk jersey of print test.  I used to wear as cowl neck scarf.  Just good to make the size of a baby cape for the girl.
When all is ready I made the packing with own printed paper
All done - four pieces of scarf and two pieces of baby wear, packed individually for one client.

Mogi looks boring.  Yes it's blowing outside as we've the intense storm hitting. He can't go out neither can I.   I sewed a few tunics with simple cutting.
Tunic dyed in indigo and tumeric then printed with plants and concentrated natural dyes.
The left is cotton jersey mordant in alum while the right one is with more iron mordant and oxalis discharge.
What I have done during typoon day off is also this recycled vest my niece gave me. she found the rabbit fur wore out.  I replaced it with the prints I done in Holland,
Just love the duplicated (overlapped) prints on the fabric with shades
Cut the same size of the front then sewed it.
Finished looks like new one.
Renmants of the fabric made into a purse with lining of my husband's cut off jean.
A set of upcycled vest and purse.
Waste not want not.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...