Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Goat, sheep, wool, biking - related passion 集於一身的「洋羊」喜好

 
Series of wool felt fibre arts for NGO just finished and I'm free to do more biking now.  Riding in the north of Hong Kong is always my favourite area.  I particularly love the indigenous villages.  As a fibre fanatic when I know that one of our biking team members Sam has a herd of goats I was so excited to visit him.  Today we went to his farm in the north...... 
剛忙完機構的教學課堂,現再投入喜好活動玩樂。當知單車友人森哥在北區上水有黑草羊農莊,作為纖維藝術創作推動人第一時間造訪他。連綿雨後,青葱山野,車子經雙魚河進入長瀝村往村莊走便是森哥的羊塲。咩咩羊聲,抱抱那最小的,其餘60多頭往山上走吃過飽後幾小時自行回歸,好可愛的。午後我也回到錦田村莊小徑騎單車去.......
in the village of Cheung Lek
there's the house 
 overhead ripening grapes...... such crispy
Sam has a herd of more than 60 goats
They're so adorable! I'd rather want them as pet.
The goats are kept in pen.  Every morning the keeper opens the gate and let them running to the hill grazing weeds and grasses in the surrounding hills.


They know the way up and way back after a few hours stuff full
and me......after a morning with the herd...

back to biking in the village Kam Tin
This is one of the scenic spots I like to bike and never boring.
My passion of biking, eco printing and wool felting all related. Though the local raised black goats are only for food and we don't have wool supply, I do wish to promote the fibre arts of wool creation. 
My recent teaching for a group of people in the NGO has a series of creation with imported wool. 
香港羊兒大多是為食用而養飼或開放讓人參觀活動,我們利用羊毛做創作也得用進口品了。


祇用皂水輕揉搓弄,豐富質感製作完成,下一貼文更多機構學員漂亮作品。
Next I will show some more beautiful works..... stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never seen so many black goats in one herd. The little kid is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As urban people I find the running herd wonderful too.

      Delete
  2. The black goats do look very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...