Sunday, August 13, 2017

Eco prints enhanced satin jacquard 緞絲料錦上添花

This is mirror prints of cotton and satin silk with all natural resources. That day I went t行o the fabric shop for the last minute shopping with my friend J. before leaving for Ireland.   
I spied the exquisite satin silk jacquard. J spotted the one with typical Chinese jacquard which is three-fold the price of the one王 I usually to do with.  I was hesitate for the price but can't resist to buy a few yards to try.
遠行在即,日前與友 J 到深水埗布行買𢇁料,J 眼明的為我選來精緻中國傳統提花缎𢇁,價格比較我一向的用料貴了一點,但實在又很漂亮,忍不住買了幾碼。夾著布料我們邊走邊談去到花墟花叢中,找到大家心儀的雅致咖啡小店品嚐輕談,桌上瓶中有心型尤加利葉,告訴 J 那是印出紅色葉印的尤加利葉,她感葉子的奧妙。
營役的日子, 閒暇與友共賞花卉細說分享生活, 確是美事。
回家後我馬上做了小片實驗,印上植物原有色素,緞料上提花若現,效果也很別緻。
Outcome of contact prints is nice over the jacquard.

After fabric sourcing J and I walked along the flower market.  We found a quaint florist cafe for a coffee.  We talked about creation and life while admiring the flowers, the decoration around us. I told J. the heart-shaped eucalyptus leaf in  the bottle prints red. She found it amazing.

   
When I back home I immediately done swatch testing with fresh sumac and the remnants of last workshop.  Layout with a few mordant euc and the sumac on the satin side then covered with the cotton for the one off mirror prints.
  

After an hour boiling it's done.  Prints on the left is cotton and the right is satin silk. 
The same leaves with different shades.

Sumac rich in tannin and prints dark with iron on cotton but brown on silk with no mordant. Close up prints on satin silk with visible jacquard of Chinese patterns.

The "Before & After" of layout and the mirror prints on cotton and satin silk.
This is a simple natural prints making yet fabulous shades can be done with appropriate natural mordants.  My instant download tutorial shows the step-by-step making is available here "Botanical Imprints" tutorial.

Well, I'm about to leave.
Mogi's final check to make sure I'm well packed with clothing and all stuff.

5 comments:

  1. I know you will have a marvelous time, collaborating and learning and teaching!! Mogi did a good check on the pink box..Will look forward to your postings and pictures..Safe and happy trip to you, terriea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny. Lovely to have your spirit to travel with me. Always like to share our fun. Stay tuned my dear!

      Delete
  2. See you tomorrow Terriea, safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely effect on the jacquard silk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...