Sunday, August 8, 2010

The book "84 Charing Cross Road"


Today borrowed from library "The World Breeds of Dogs" as reference for my needle felt dog. Just made a brown one. Looks like Dachshunds.

Still catching up the charming little book "84 Charing Cross Road" written by NY writer Helene Hanff about her 2 decades touching correspondence with London book seller Frank Doel in the 70's and her post journey to England. She quoted "The Cotswolds are just what I always thought they'd be : streches of green countryside pocketed with English villages that seem not to have changed since the time of Elizabeth I." Which reminds my visit to Jan some time ago. She shown me around Cotswolds.

Bibury in Cotswolds - Truely it stands for hundred years















Typical houses of Cotswolds















3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the book and the movie 84 Charing Cross Road. In the next two years I will be visiting the Cotswolds. Thanks for bringing up the memory about this book and movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cotswolds are great for a visit. Wish you a good time and enjoy the typical English villages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming and peaceful.. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...