Friday, December 13, 2019

Eco prints master inspiration 遠道而來的植物印染啟發

 
A bag full of plants and inspiration as well friendship from master Irit Dulman who stopped over Hong Kong early this month after workshops in Australia. Irit is my most respectful master whom we know for years.  Her visit just in good time of the year in term of weather and season of plants.  Though only a few days stay we spent some time in rural and urban.  While we're in suburb she spotted some weeds which I didn't take note even found on the slope of my urban apartment.  She has marvelous expertise in botanical printing. We got some weeds and played around on fabrics and leather.  She taught me more ideas of eco printing and done a few experiments.  It's fun to discover in our region those plants I almost ignored give such pretty prints.  Now my mind opened and tried to work more with the weeds.  Good combination on different fabrics or leather with appropriate mordant. 
我的以色列啟蒙大師 Irit Dulman 最近來港,我們相聚之餘,一起硏究天然植物印染,她慧眼在郊野發
現的野草,近在我家居山坡上的植物原來可以不同的媒染處理做出不一樣的效果。尤其狗尾草的形態印染及牡荊的強烈色素使我不斷試驗,如今更多點子了。
Our first stop in the village water front
Up to the hill for a close look of China boundary.  The high rises are in China while the agricultural lands are Hong Kong part.
We spared sometime to do experiment with Mogi around.
on fabrics
then leather
The weeds wonderful prints on leather and silk.....

Layout and outcome

   

Even the tiny flowers of the weeds printed so delicate. 
A piece of leather prints made into a purse.
Other printed panels I sewed into small tote bags.  Just like the fine prints on rayon.

With Irit's generous hints I printed other silk panels with shades.

Irit's discovery of weeds, one of it is this pretty Pennisetum I found growing in the ditches while doing biking.
Can't resist the experiment, such strong prints and discharge of leaves on rayon, linen and silk with different mordant.



Pennisetum is one of my fav. weed.  I like the shape. It prints unique on leather too.

Glad to know it and found it.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...