Friday, September 20, 2019

Creative and fabulous France journey (1) 法國豐盛完滿之旅

  
I've passionate about France. What a wonderful travel earlier this month invited by Caroline of Atelier de Mademoiselle C for the eco printing workshop with a group of creative ladies.  I left my heart with beautiful memories of the stunning Bordeaux and kind host.  My travels abroad without cats or biking wouldn't be perfect.  As you see below images of the cool cats  they're so tame and welcomed me on my first step in the grand house.   My trip to France was combined workshop and leisure visit.  With the well arrangement of Caroline the workshop went smoothly and my daughter Jasmine's joining made our days most happy in Bordeau then Provence for the friends reunion.  My post of France journey will be in two parts.  This one is mainly about the workshop and the next is culture and scenery.


Atelier host Caroline has three cats, these are two of them, Opale and Jun.

On my first day I already found the prune leaves for testing.
After workshop Caroline and I picked up my daughter Jasmine from train station then started our leisure city tour.
The last lunch in France wrapped up our reunion journey with Brigitte and Helene in Provence.
The tranquil ambiance of village Targon in Bordeaux was where my workshop taken place.
We walked the dog to collect plants.
Passing the vineyard, fruitful for the winery as well our experiments.

First testing printing is fine.
Samples done and all ready for the first session of animal protein fabrics.

For the second session of cellulose fabrics samples done and displayed.

Dog and cat are the inspectors to make sure everything is fine.
Self introduction of participants from different parts of France.
Briefing for what we're going to do.
Then started to do the their bundles.  Everyone has the ideas of layout.

Ahh....   Jun is the monitor.  How sweet she is.

As well the dog is our company.


First session of silk printing with assorted plants and dyed indigo added color to their works.

A batch of a student's work of silk and wool.

  Prints on indigo dyed piece just unwrapped.
Experiment of acid discharge with lemon.
 
Less and more.
 Following images speak themselves for the next session of cellulose fabrics.










Quite a lot of experiments for the participants to do on fabrics.
A session of paper prints with water color papers with little mordant.
Different shades and effects they've done.
Images speak themselves.......






Each participant has a few pieces of their prints of different outcome.

They also have the experiments to do upcycled prints and dyes on garments.  Caroline's dress with pretty prints.
A plain white tunic with indigo and lac dyes came the layered effect.
Diana's tote bag
Pauline said that she would have a sweet dream with her batch of pretty prints.
You're too sweet !!
Host Caroline's atelier is spacious and the weather during our days were perfect.
You'll see how they enjoyed the making .......




Bundles in the pot looks like rolls of diploma. 
What's more after fabric prints?
Well, a little treat for the lovely ladies.  I offered them my simple way of leather prints. Of course the vegetarians would rather like doing fabrics that's understandable.

Scraps of leather prints with reliable leaves I particularly find prune leaf strong and bold.




I'm proud of all the participants who made my sharing a wonderful experiments in France. Much thanks to Caroline who invited me just three months before the workshop and all went well in her spacious atelier with everything at a finger tip.
Thank you ladies and Caroline.
Next post is my leisure time in Bordeaux and Provence with kind hosts.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...