Friday, April 24, 2015

Holland here I come 又到荷蘭


Yes, I'm here again in Holland, the country I'm bond with since me and my husband have worked for a Dutch multi-national company for over 35 years and I've visited the country for 6 times. I love my friends and my colleagues here. This time of visit is attending a workshop of pattern making for wool felt fashion.
東歐三國行兩星期的寫意交流剛完結,甫從維也納飛到荷蘭,一個我曾多次到訪並有深厚情感的國家, 此行為的是參與一羊毛工藝時尚衣飾製作。入住這熟悉的環境,寧靜的運河小村是我上課的地區,能不走走拍攝幾幀照片?!
After my travels in the countries (Slovakia, Hungary and Austria) along Danube river, I left by flight from Vienna to Amsterdam this morning. Sounds that Slovakia to Vienna then Amsterdam is a long way across three countries. Indeed isn't that much. From Slovakia's capital Bratislava where I stayed in my friend's is only an hour bus ride to Vienna. Flight from Vienna to Amsterdam is only 1.5 hours.
So I landed in late afternoon in Amsterdam, still so bright in the long summer day light.
I checked in the farm house B&B at 6.  You see the sun light through the window is so beautiful.
Though it's almost 7 at night I can't resist to have a walk in the area I'm familiar with.  This is the canal village I will take the workshop. The village I have stayed for a couple of days last Sept for a visit to the studio owner Dorie and the same B&B I stayed.
The village is not strange to me yet the views are different from last early autumn to now early summer. Weather is the same cool but with long day light is another feel.
Private boats by the tranquil canal
Children are rolling or sitting by the river. It is Thursday not Friday.  I can see how they enjoy the sun light for sorts of outdoor activities.

Girls are chatting with their bikes parked aside.  How leisure they are. This is Holland........ I'll have more views in the coming days..... Some cats, cows, horses, sheep...... I love Holland !!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are really getting around. I hope you have a wonderful stay in Amsterdam. At least the weather is great and you are by the beautiful canal with lots of walking and photography possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pix..will also look forward to cows and cats, of course in your next postings..AND pix and comments about the workshop!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, the surrounding is so peaceful and natural. My morning greeted by the cats, sheep and horses. Just started the great workshop. Will have some pic later. Thanks for following my travels.

      Delete
  3. Wide open skies and sunshine - lovely to see!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...