A botanical imprinted scarf / vest redyed to mustard color.
This is the piece of prints I endeavor to redye for gradual color.
I picked the Lagerstroemia Indica with some yellow, red and green. Hope to get different shades from autumn windfalls.
I laid the assorted leaves, a few eucalyptus and bundle boiled the silk fabric for 1.5 hours.
This is the picture of the layout and outcome.
I intended to put some more leaves on the top of the square fabric to make it a vest / scarf, simply lined two arm holes and hemmed. A multi-style of vest of "upside-down".
Prints of Lagerstroemia Indica are not much different in spite of green or windfalls of yellow . The long and orange prints are eucalyptus.
With tannin of leaves and iron, the watercolor painterly effect is so pleasing but I sometimes this is only happy accidents.
Prints on the collar as a vest .......
Simply a scarf
I thought it's no harm to make mustard color on the lower part.
So I redyed the fabric in the eco dye pot.
The left one is before and right one is after dyed.
The scarf / vest of gradual green
Left is undyed, the right one dyed
I've to admit the original undyed one is fair enough but keen on experiments I will get the idea of different effect.
On and off people asked me about eco print / dye. I'm happy to share common queries. For my way of getting this mustard green on silk, I use turmeric + logwood + alum.
Before putting in the dye pot, I soak the fabric in water with alum. I soak the logwood chips for a few hours then wrap it with a scrap of fabric, . For a pot of about 1 L water, I put a teaspoon each of turmeric, logwood and alum. All together bring to boil then simmer for 10 min. The longer the stay in the pot the darker the color.
That's what I got.
Have a nice day ! Until next time.