Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eco printed fabric bag 植物印染布袋

A bag specially made for my good friend, iL.

Last time we met I saw her still using the fabric bag I made her years ago but it's wore out. Happy that she used it till wore out, that means she liked it. Making a bag takes me time. In the market one can buy the mass production at very cheap price. I gave some friends my handmade bags but I know some may not have put to use. They may not know how much effort I've put on making OOAK.   Now I will only give to someone who really appreciates my work. 

 


The bag I made with the sample prints of pines and euc on  "boiled wool".  
I made use of the strips to put on the fabric bag, that's the theme.

Yellow to golden euc I picked in the train station and dark prints of pines I picked in my mother's area.
I sewed the bag with the fabric leftover of last projects.   It's a mid-night.

The bag is double-layer with inner pocket. Straps are long enough to put on shoulder.  Bag size is just a A4 fit with box base.
Side A
Side B
My friend, iL.  You said when you see the leaves you thought of me.  You know I'm  hooked on botanical printing.  This is specially for you - for your new page. 

7 comments:

  1. I agree: only for people who appreciate all the creativity and hard work that goes into this!! It's a beauty and as always I enjoy hearing how you made the piece..and of course, I love seeing Mogi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. It's true and you know how long the process of making eco print.

      Delete
  2. Lovely - and sturdy and useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know, how You made the print and what fabric have You used... The bag is fantastic ! And yes, I know and appreciate the value of hand made items.
    Sending warm hello from Florida !
    P.S. My blog is in Polish, but if You want to visit, I have translator button :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Alina. I stopped by your blog. Awesome works of variety.

      Delete
  4. Hello Terriea, the naturally dyed print wool on the tote bage is just lovely. I am sure your friend will treasure it for a very long time. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Yes my friend iL always my great supporter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...